Competition Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are in addition to and should be read together with any specific entry instructions or terms applying to the specific competition (“Competition Information”) and in the event of inconsistency these Terms shall prevail.
To enter a competition all entrants must comply with the entry requirements set out in the Competition Information and these Terms. The entrant acknowledges that failure to comply with the Competition Information or these Terms may result in his/her disqualification from the competition and the re-award of any prize that may have been awarded.
By entering a competition each entrant agrees that they and their parent / guardian have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the Competition Information and these Terms.
JDL reserves the right to amend and update these Terms at their sole discretion from time to time and such changes will become effective as soon as they are published on their website.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise in the Competition Information these Terms apply to all competitions restricted to individuals (or teams of individuals) aged under 16 promoted and run by Jordan Daykin Limited (a company registered in England and Wales with Company No. 09662039) whose registered address is at 24 Holmeleaze, Steeple Ashton, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 6EH United Kingdom (“JDL“) and/ or any group companies wholly or partially owned by JDL. References to JDL’s website mean www.jordandaykin.co.uk .
- Employees and members of their immediate families (being spouses, parents, children and siblings) of a) JDL; or b) any company or sponsor associated with JDL, may not enter the competition. Any such person attempting to enter shall not be eligible to win and their entry shall not be counted and (in the event that a prize has been won and delivered/paid) the prize shall be re-awarded.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Information, the competition is open to all individuals under 16 years old who are residents of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Further restrictions for certain competitions regarding age and residence may be specified in the Competition Information and shall take precedence over these Terms.
- Entrants must have the consent of a parent or guardian over 18 to enter the competition and agree these Terms. JDL reserves the right to obtain proof of such consent at any time and to refuse entry or to choose another winner and re-award the prize if such proof, where requested, has not been given.
- JDL has the right at any time to require entrants to provide proof of identity and age as evidence of eligibility to participate. If an entrant fails to comply with a request for proof of identity or age, or provides false or misleading information, JDL may at its discretion, disqualify the entrant from the competition, or, where appropriate re-award the prize to another eligible entrant. Such decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into about a decision regarding eligibility.
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants may make as many entries to a competition as they wish. Entries must be submitted in accordance with the format specified in the Competition Information. Proof of making a phone call, sending an e-mail or posting is not proof of our receipt of your entry and JDL accepts no responsibility for lost, delayed or damaged entries or entries that are not received for any reason. Where postal entries are permitted only original entry forms may be used and only those carrying correct postage will be accepted.
- The competition is free to enter and (unless otherwise stated in the Competition Information) no purchase is necessary. However standard charges of entry (including postage charges and standard telephone/SMS/text message network rates) may be incurred and all entrants must ask permission from the bill payer before entering. JDL is not liable for any associated cost to entrants or their parents and/or guardians of entering a competition unless expressly specified in these Terms or in the Competition Information.
- The content of an entry is deemed to have been placed in the public domain by its entry. Entrants (including the Winner) hereby assign all intellectual property rights (if any) and waive all moral rights in their entry to JDL. Entrants (including the winner) must not include in their entry intellectual property belonging to third parties without the permission of that third party, and where such intellectual property is included they must identify it and who it belongs to and the entrant (including the winner) confirms that they have permission to use it and (acting as agent) to assign or procure the assignment on demand of those intellectual property rights without cost to JDL. JDL is unable to return any entries submitted unless expressly agreed otherwise. Where materials are returned to the entrant JDL accepts no responsibility for the safe return of any material or its return in an undamaged condition or any liability for loss or damage to such material. Subject to clauses 25 to 28 and any other legal obligation which they have not modified by consent or other act, JDL will not enter into any confidentiality agreement or assume any obligation of confidentiality in relation to the content of an entry and entries must not be submitted with a statement that they are confidential (or in effect confidential) in respect of any aspect of the content of the entry and (if so submitted) will be deemed to have been submitted without such provision and placed in the public domain or (in the absolute discretion of JDL) rejected.
- JDL accepts no responsibility for entries that are delayed or which are not received for any reason and also has no liability in respect of any incomplete entries that are received. Incomplete entries will not be counted and will be discarded. JDL has no responsibility to inform any entrant that their entry is incomplete and not valid for entry to the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information they submit is correct and not obscene or offensive or otherwise in breach of any third party’s rights and JDL reserves the right to verify these matters. JDL reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the competition if it believes (in its sole discretion) that such entrant has breached any of these Terms.
- The closing date for entries will be specified in the Competition Information (and may be extended at the absolute discretion of JDL) and short-listed entrants and winners will be notified by the date(s) specified in the Competition Information. Any late entries will not be accepted.
- The prizes offered in competitions may be provided by a sponsor (or alternative promoter) rather than JDL and in such circumstances JDL does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of any prize descriptions supplied by such third parties.
- Where a prize (or part of a prize) is something other than cash, that prize (or part of a prize) which is not cash is subject to availability and no cash alternative is available in respect of it if unavailable. JDL and/or reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than that advertised. The prizes are not transferrable and non-negotiable (and in the event of a cash prize) JDL reserve the right to require that it is paid to an account in the name of the entrant or a trust for the sole benefit of the entrant and the entrant agrees to provide such information as shall be reasonably required by JDL to evidence the terms of such a trust.
- Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Information JDL accepts no responsibility for any costs or expenses incurred by the winner, their guests, or parents/guardians in connection with claiming any prize won in the competition (including travel to and from any event). The parents/guardians of the prize winners are responsible for paying all taxes, duties and any other levies on prize winnings if applicable.
Selection of winner
- For competitions, entries will be judged by a panel of three judges including an independent judge (“Judging Panel”) appointed by JDL acting by a majority decision.
- Unless expressed otherwise in the Competition Information, if, for any reason, JDL is unable to contact a winner or the winner’s parent/guardian to inform them that they have won a competition, or if a winner or their parent/guardian does not contact JDL within a reasonable period (no less than 21 days) of JDL sending notification to such winner to confirm acceptance of a prize, then JDL reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to select an alternative winner.
- The Judging Panel’s decision is final and binding in all matters regarding the competition (including in the event of a dispute) and JDL will not enter into any correspondence or discussion with entrants.
- Subject to clauses 29 to 32, the content of the winning entry and any other entries (or a fair and accurate summary thereof) may (in JDL’s absolute discretion) be published by JDL on their website and in other places and the entrant by entering consents to this.
- Names of winners and those short-listed in a competition along with the results of competitions will be published by JDL on their website and in other places and the entrant by entering consents to this and (in the event that such consent is withdrawn before the delivery of the prize awarded) JDL may (in its absolute discretion) disqualify the entrant and re-award the prize.
- JDL reserve the right (in its absolute discretion) to extend any time limits for the announcement of any short-listed entrants and for the announcement of the winner. Furthermore, JDL reserve the right to cancel or suspend the competition if: either (a) circumstances arise which are beyond its control preventing the proper conduct of the competition; or (b) in the opinion of the Judging Panel none of the entries are of sufficient quality or merit for them to judge one as the winner.
- To the extent permissible under applicable law, JDL shall not be liable to any entrant or to the winner (and/or any guest or parent/guardian as applicable) for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition except for personal injury and any other legal obligation which it is not possible to exclude by law.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law JDL does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the competition prizes or any information, service or product provided in connection with a competition.
- Entrants (including the winner) shall not do anything that could damage or harm the reputation of JDL, any of their products or services or Jordan Daykin, and in the event of that happening JDL may (in its absolute discretion) disqualify the entrant and re-award any prize.
- Entrants (including the winner) agree to indemnify JDL in full on demand for all losses and expenses incurred by JDL in respect of any liability JDL incurs as a result of a breach by the entrant (including the winner) of any of these Terms including (but not limited to) claims arising from the unauthorised use of intellectual property.
- The competition is governed by English law and any disputes arising in connection with the competition and/or these Terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Without prejudice to any other express term to the contrary, any breach of these Terms (including the Competition Information) will entitle JDL to disqualify the entrant (including the winner) and allow JDL to re-award the prize if it has been awarded.
- Where under these Terms a prize is re-awarded after that prize has been delivered/paid, the winner agrees to return/repay that prize to JDL upon written demand.
- Entrants shall not enter into any correspondence or give interviews with any third party on any matters arising from the competition, without the prior written permission of JDL.
28A. Where an entrant consists of a team of more than one individual, then any liability will be joint and several.
Use of Data
- Entrants and their parents/guardians agree that (if they win) they may be asked take part in such reasonable competition-related and other promotional publicity/activity (including a ceremony with third parties present to accept the award) as JDL may require and accept that JDL may publicise their entry, including photos or images submitted as part of their entry, names, likeness and statements in connection with/resulting from the competition (including any award ceremony) in any and all media. JDL will pay (subject to prior agreement) reasonable costs incurred in complying with the afore-mentioned. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Information, no entrants, winners, their guests or parents/guardians shall be obliged to take part in any photo publicity and parent/guardian consent shall be obtained by JDL prior to undertaking any photo publicity
- JDL and/or third party promoters for the competition may use data supplied by entrants to process the competition, inform winning participants of their winning entry, for general publicity, and to distribute prizes.
- Entry into this Competition shall constitute consent to the uses of data contained in these Terms.
Jordan Daykin Limited Edition 22062018-01